Apply for the 2021's edition
Applications are open from January 15th to May 15th 2021. Call us for any information !
The second edition of les Décades de la peinture Festival is open from August 13th to August 22th 2021 in Brioude.
Located in the former Jean-Pradier’s school in nearly 700m² of rooms, front of the museum of modern and contemporary art Hotel du Doyenné in the centre of Brioude.
Who is the festival for ?
• Open to all
• No age limit (for minors, provide parental permission)
• French and international artists
What works are exposed ?
Graphic works accepted:
• All styles
• All techniques (gouache, acrylic, oil, watercolour, engraving, collage, drawing, pastel, wax, pigments, ink, mixed media...).
• 2021 opens its doors to photography (discipline out of competition for the jury prize)
• All media & all sizes (for sizes greater than 2mx3m and for works over 8 kg contact us).
How takes place the festival ?
From August 13th to August 22th 2021, Jean-Pradier’s school (700m² of rooms), historic centre of Brioude, Auvergne, France.
Artists presence is not an obligation.
The Harpo’s association is in charge of organization, hanging of the works, guarding of the rooms and communication of the festival.
Communication about your work:
Presence in the exhibition rooms of your bio, your business cards and contact details, permanent presence on our web gallery, communication on our Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest pages before, during and after the festival.
Delivery and return of works on site or by post (shipping costs at artists’ expense).
Insurance of works remains at the artists’ expense.
2 Contests :
During the festival, visitors can vote for their favourite artist.
The three elected artists will be rewarded at the end of the festival:
• First prize: 350 € + vouchers and gifts from our partners
• Second prize: 250 € + vouchers and gifts from our partners
• Third prize: 150 € + vouchers and gifts from our partners
• A special price for the artist "coup de coeur" of organizators
A live-painting contest is also organised (see modalities on our website) : prize 200 €
The opening is organized by the Harpo’s association. It’ll take place on Friday, August 13th, 18 p.m with buffet and concert.
• Animations, shows, workshops, concerts, live-painting and night-times... organized during 10 days
• You can take part in these events and propose demonstrations, workshops and animations (contact us for modalities) and come and paint/draw/create on site
• Relaxation area with bar and small restaurant
Sale of the paintings :
• No commission on sales
• CB payment system
No obligation to sell imposed.
Exhibit Rates :
No application fee.
All files received are submitted for consideration by the selection committee. Each artist will receive a response, whether positive or negative within the next 15 days.
Two exhibition formulas proposed:
• 3 works + a fourth stored in reserve in case of sale:
60 € / 40€ For those under 25 years
• 5 works + a sixth stored in reserve in case of sale: 100 € / 80€ For those under 25 years
How to expose ?
Applications are open from January 15th to May 15th, 2021.
All the application details are in the application file to download and return to us before 15 May midnight (if you do not stop downloading it you can make the request by email: email@example.com) :